Foodster Friday: Easy G-Free Brownies
Do you ever feel like Pinterest has taken over most aspects of your life? Not only is it my go-to for home design ideas, and wanna-be fashionista pics, now it's sorta my food planner, too.
for from-scratch brownies that gave the ingredient list without having to click-through, (laziness wins) and I happened to have them on hand. I can't say brownies are my
dessert, but this preggo also hasn't been known to turn one down, so...
The original recipe is not gluten-free, but I was out of regular flour, and happened to have some G-free flour mix, so I used it. I also subbed coconut oil for the vegetable oil. Healthier, and adds a subtle-tropical twist.
Super-quick and easy, and the halved recipe makes the perfect small batch for those of use who will sit and eat an entire pan, given the chance.
Flaky-crusty on top, ooey-goey on bottom. More of a spoon-worthy brownie, really.
Quick & Easy G-Free Brownies
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Gluten-Free flour* (I use Mama's Almond Blend - substitution ratio is 1:1, and you don't need other items like xantham or guar gum)
- 1/3 c Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 c Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix Eggs, Oil and Vanilla, then add to wet ingredients
- Stir until evenly mixed
- Pour batter into small baking dish (I used an 8x6 pyrex)
- Bake @ 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean
*Recipe adapted from