Truth be told, I'm least content with our current home. I imagine it's because our homes in the States were ones we selected and loved, while our home here in Brazil - nice as it may be - is one that was assigned from a housing pool. There's a lot I would like to change, but can't. **Is there anything more nerve-wrecking for a design junkie than having a lot of decorating roadblocks???**
Fortunately, we were able to bring all our own furniture, so I have some flexibility to work with and change it.
Hence, my obsession with redoing our TV/Family room.
So, on my agenda is:
* Possibly replace, or certainly reupholster the couch. (Velvet ranking very high on my wishlist)
* Camouflage all the media components. (Possibly a tailored skirt situation)
* Bring in more/better assortment of art for the large wall
* Buy new curtains that aren't expecting a flood (these are Ikea - washed after installation)
* Change out rug with one more size-appropriate
* Manage the kiddo epicenter
The room is very shallow, so I can't commit to an ottoman or coffee table option for flow purposes, but we would definitely appreciate something to prop our feet up.
*Please don't harass me for photo creds, Pinterest made me do it.